The Heartland Book Festival, a collaborative effort between the Kansas City Public Library, Missouri Humanities, and the Missouri Center for the Book, is set to make its debut as an exciting literary event.
This weekend-long festival promises a diverse range of activities, making it a captivating experience for people of all ages and interests. Let's dive into what this inaugural festival has to offer.
- When: The festival kicks off on Friday, October 6th, at 7 p.m., and continues on Saturday, October 7th, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: The Folly Theater hosts the opening event on Friday, while the Central Library branch at 14 W. 10th St. welcomes attendees on Saturday.
- Admission: Good news for book enthusiasts – admission is entirely free!
Highlights of the Festival:
A wide array of engaging events are scheduled throughout the two-day festival. Here are some must-attend highlights:
Samantha Edwards: Comic Book Character Workshop
Date & Time: Saturday, Oct. 7 | 10-11:30 a.m.
Dive into the world of comic book creation and learn how to craft your own quirky characters for future comic book projects.
Intro to Tarot Reading
Date & Time: Saturday, Oct. 7 | 12-1:30 p.m.
Discover the historical foundations and tools of Tarot card reading in this insightful workshop.
Telling Our Stories Writing Workshop
Date & Time: Saturday, Oct. 7
This workshop welcomes both novice and experienced writers to explore the art of weaving micro-memories into a larger narrative, reflecting on life, people, and personal experiences.
In addition to these captivating workshops, the festival offers:
- Diverse exhibits showcasing captivating photography and artwork.
- Live performances by talented local musicians.
- A pre-festival literary experience with valuable resources.
- A rich lineup of featured presenters.
The Heartland Book Festival promises to be a celebration of literature and creativity, where attendees can immerse themselves in the world of books, storytelling, and artistic expression. Don't miss this exciting opportunity to engage with the literary community and explore new horizons in the world of books and culture.